Thursday, December 30, 2010

Headband Pattern

I got several requests for the pattern I used for the headbands in the last post. I can't share the pattern itself but I can tell you where to find it. It is a PDF pattern for sale on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/62740627/pdf-pattern-crochet-flower-headband. I looked all over for a crochet headband pattern that I liked and they were really hard to find, usually I try to find free patterns online, but I just couldn't find any good ones out there. I would highly recommend this pattern, it is really easy to make, I had the pattern memorized after the first couple, and it works up really fast. The other good thing about this pattern is that 10% of the proceeds go to charity. I believe she might also have other styles of headbands but this is the only one I have tried. Hopefully that will help those of you looking for a pattern, if I ever find a good free pattern I will post it but so far this is the best I have found.
Also, for anyone interested in making a smaller one, I made 2 that fit my two year old by following the pattern exactly but changing the yarn and hook sizes. The original pattern uses an I hook and worsted weight yarn, my first attempt to make it smaller I used sport weight yarn and an H hook. It fit fine but seemed really thin so I tried another using worsted weight yarn and a G hook, it turned out almost exactly the same size as the other but was much thicker so as an earwarmer I liked the second a lot better. I want to try one for a little girl, about 6 years old, but haven't yet. I think that worsted weight with an H hook might work for that size.

No comments:

Post a Comment