Monday, September 20, 2010

Snowflakes

For Christmas this year my family is doing an ornament exchange. I thought it might be fun to make some crocheted snowflakes to give in the exchange. I have never tried snowflakes before and pretty much the only thread crochet I have done is edging hemstitched stuff. It was something different and fun to try. 
All of the snowflakes that I made were from snowcatcher.blogspot.com. She has a ton of free snowflake patterns in all sorts of styles. I tried to choose a few that were more open and some that were a little more solid. This was the first time that I have crocheted something that needed to be blocked and stiffened. I think that they turned out pretty good, maybe not as good as the pictures but not bad for a first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment